Osteopathy is a system of diagnosis and treatments based on the principle that the structure and function of the body are interrelated and therefore rely on each other for optimal health.
By taking a full case history and thoroughly examining the patient the osteopath first seeks to establish the exact source of the patient’s problem. Treatment is aimed at reducing symptoms/pain, restoring function and removing any mechanical imbalances which are preventing healing. Restoring balance will prevent recurrence of the complaint.
Evidence has shown that osteopathy is effective in the treatment of*:
- Generalised aches and pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Arthritic pain
- General, acute and chronic backache, back pain
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain
- Headache arising from neck (cervicogenic)
- Frozen shoulder/shoulder and elbow pain/tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Joint pains, lumbago
- Muscle spasms
- Inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
There is also a large area of Osteopathy dedicated to pre and post natal care.
*source: Osteopathy Today Vol 16.9 Nov 2010
Cranial osteopathic techniques are very popular for the care of babies and children as well as adults. This is a very gentle treatment and can be used alone or combined with structural osteopathic techniques. All treatments are explained to the patient and are tailored to their specific needs.
Book your appointment
Tel: 0118 976 2253
You can book your appointment by telephone, or use our online booking system, below: