Some things to consider following a sports/remedial massage – by Joanne Hendrie-Henderson
• If coming straight from work bring comfortable clothes to change into afterwards.
• Drinking plenty of water following a treatment will ensure you remain well hydrated and encourages removal of metabolic waste products from your body.
• Since massage promotes relaxation it is wise to take it easy following your treatment. Blood pressure may be lowered so don’t rush about as you might feel lightheaded.
• Some gentle stretching later that day or the following day will consolidate the benefits of your massage.
• Depending upon the pressure used during your massage (can be lighter or firmer) you may feel some DOMS (muscle soreness) the next day. Schedule your massage wisely according to any training plans/ events you have.
• Always listen to your body and note how you feel afterwards. Keep good communication with your therapist for maximum benefit. Everybody is different and each massage treatment is individual to that person.
• Finally, for optimum benefit factor a regular treatment into your monthly schedule or training plan and follow any advice offered by your therapist.
If you would like to book a Sports Massage with Joanne Henrdrie-Henderson please call reception on 0118 9762253 or book online at https://online.tm2app.com/theharrisonclinic