Apricot, honey & pistachio flapjacks
– 140g butter
– 140g soft brown sugar
– 2 tbsp honey
– 175g rolled oats
– 75g chopped pistachios
– 140g dried chopped apricots
1. Put butter, soft brown sugar and honey in a small pan, then heat gently until melted.
2. Tip oats, pistachios and apricots into a medium bowl. Pour over the melted butter mixture and stir to combine.
3. Transfer to a 20cm x 20cm greased and lined baking tray and cook at 160C/140C fan/gas 4 for 35-40 mins. Remove and cool in tin, then slice into 16. Will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
– 140g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
– 140g caster sugar
– 2 large eggs, beaten
– 140g self-raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 very ripe bananas , mashed
– 50g icing sugar
– handful dried banana
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
3. Cream 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour.
4. Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas.
5. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
7. Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
8. Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with a handful of banana chips.
Enjoy National Baking Week!
Phoebe Wharton, Nutritionist at The Harrison Clinic