- Seated, turn your entire upper body to the left as far as you can comfortably go. Reach round with your right hand to grasp the left side of the chair and look round behind you as much as possible. Hold for a few seconds. Repeat to the right side. Repeat on both sides.
- Do keep your shoulders down and your neck and jaw relaxed.
- Don’t over stretch.
THORACIC ROTATION – FIGURE OF 8
- Clasp hands softly behind head and bring elbows as close together as possible. Draw a figure of 8 in front of you with your elbow, encouraging as much movement as possible.
- Do try to make the movement as large as possible with as much movement from your upper body as possible.
- Don’t pull on the back of your neck or over strain.